Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Perceptions of Florida

Sometimes I still can't believe I live in Florida. And yes, mom, I still tell people that I'm from Maryland. :) A number of the teachers had never even seen Spanish moss before (and you know my house is covered with it), and I get laughs every time people hear I live in Manatee County off Manatee Ave. This just seemed particularly amusing when I opened my inbox to a photo of Snooty's (the resident South Florida Museum manatee, for those of you who don't live in the area-also the oldest known manatee in the world) birthday cake.

Today is Snooty's 63rd birthday! Happy birthday, Snooty!

P.S. Also explaining cookie break to teachers from other schools is a hoot. Enjoy it, Saint Stephen's. There's nothing like it at other schools.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Having just finished reading Zoo Story, your photo of the manatee birthday cake amuses me! I hope that Snooty was amused as well.

C. Pommer said...

Zoo Story certainly is getting around these days. :) Hope you thought it was a good book.

Karen Carlson said...

I loved the book. It's great to share a favorite. What a great birthday cake.